Background

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happily Ever After

I can't really start a wedding post without thanking all of our friends and family for being part of our special day.  It easily goes down as top 2 best days of my life and it wouldn't have been nearly as special without everyone there to share the love with us. There are so many people that contributed so much to our amazing day and I will forever be indebted to them.  
To my dad for helping us make our dream wedding a reality. 

To the rest of my family and Mike's family for supporting us with all of the craziness that is wedding planning and listening to non-stop wedding talk.  

To my badass wanna be bridesmaids who put so much blood, sweat and tears into the amazing DIY details of our wedding that really put our personal touch on every part of the day.  

To our actual bridal party for standing up next to us as we promised to love each other for eternity.  

To my amazing maid of honor who managed to throw one of the most fabulous bridal showers I have ever seen. Thank you for dealing with my constant wedding texts for 6 months and spending your 2nd anniversary away from your husband to be part of our special day.  

And last but not least, thank you to my amazing husband who I know was so tired of talking about invitations, cake toppers and centerpieces. Thank you for helping put your touches on our amazing day while letting me take the lead on so many things (I know how hard that can be for you).  




Special shout out to our photographer Erin Dickson and her assistant Amy.  We are thrilled with the images we've seen so far and can't wait to start ordering prints once they are all finished.  Also a special thanks to Meg and Zach Hamilton.  We have not seen the wedding video yet but know it will be amazing.  We actually chose our wedding venue, Thorpewood, after seeing pictures from Meg and Zach's wedding.  And to anyone planning a wedding in the Frederick, MD area- I really can't say enough amazing things about the staff at Thorpewood and Canapes.  They went above and beyond the call of duty and the day would not have been nearly as amazing without all that they did.

When you're planning a wedding, everyone tells you to take the time to enjoy the day because it will be over in the blink of an eye.  Mike and I talked a lot about that leading up to the wedding and wanted to be really conscious about taking time to ourselves to really enjoy the details we had spent so much time and effort planning.  The night after the wedding we laid in a hotel room getting ready to catch an early flight to St Lucia and we talked about how wrong everyone had been.  We talked about how we didn't feel like the day flew by at all and that we really felt like we had time to really enjoy ourselves all day.  


Well, it's been two and a half months since the wedding day and while I still feel like Mike and I fully enjoyed the amazing day, it's sad to realize that everyone was probably right.  When I think back to our wedding day, the details are fading slightly and it's hard to believe it's all really over.  I am so glad we decided to splurge on the video and I'm sure watching it will bring back a lot of the memories to the surface.  Thankfully, I also have this handy little blog here to write down all the little things I don't ever want to forget about that day. It's all too much for one post so I will apologize in advance because this blog is about to be taken over my wedding posts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment