Background

Friday, June 27, 2014

Girls Camping Trip 2014

Last September we spent a weekend at the beach for my bachelorette party and promised to make an annual girls trip each year.  Funds were tight for a lot of us this year so we decided to try camping in order to keep the cost down and keep me close enough to a hospital in case something happened.  

A few of the girls needed a little convincing and I won't lie, after hearing my friend Tori scream the 15th time in the first hour because she is not a fan of bugs, I started to worry about what I had gotten us into.  Thankfully Tori's bug sensitivity seemed to get better (paired with A LOT of bug spray) and we had a really awesome weekend.  Abby and I managed to pitch both tents in under 15 minutes.  I was pretty proud of our accomplishment.



Friday we spent the evening making dinner and sitting around the campfire.  It was great to just sit around a laugh in the dark.  It felt a little like being back in high school for a sleep over.  For being 34 weeks pregnant, I slept surprisingly well on my air ma tress.  Everyone who heard I was camping while pregnant seemed to think I was a super hero but all in all it really wasn't too bad.  It probably helped that I had a group of girls ready to jump up and grab me something anytime I needed it.


Saturday morning we took a stroll before breakfast and then took what turned out to be at least a mile long walk to the lake to do some canoeing.  We found a shortcut on the way back and managed to get back in probably 1/3 of a mile.  Saturday afternoon was spent playing cards around the picnic table until we all got a little too competitive with the 4 hour card game.




Sunday we all packed up relatively early and I was able to get home in time to catch the second half of Garrett's lacrosse tournament in Westminster which his team managed to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment