Background

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Birthday Scarf

I finally finished the birthday scarf I knit for my wonderful neighbor Shelly's 60th birthday.  Of course I finished it up Sunday afternoon when the weather was feeling much to warm for scarf wearing.  We've had a nice few days of weather which has been much appreciated. However, the weather man tells us the temperature is supposed to drop from the mid 60's on Wednesday to the low 30's on Thursday.  Brrrr. Looks like there is still some scarf wearing weather left for us in March.


The pattern was very simple to memorize and easy to knit up.  I will definitely make this one again in the future.  It was my first cable pattern that I felt like I knew what I was doing.  I did miss one cable over (can you spot it?) but overall I was really happy with the way it turned out.  I loved knitting with this yarn but I can't seem to find the label to determine what it was!  I might have to swing by my local yarn shop and see if I can spot it and pick up some more. Garrett helped me pick it out for Shelly a few weeks back at their Superbowl sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment