Background

Monday, March 3, 2014

Slacker Swapper

So when I signed up for this craft swap I had big intentions.  But suddenly before I knew it February was winding down, I had a birthday scarf still on my needles that needed to be given at book club THAT NIGHT, a cake that needed decorating and I came home to my swap box from Stephanie, reminding me how very behind I was on my box. Needless to say I was feeling a little overwhelmed!  So I did what every good procrastinator does and found something not on my list to do.  I kid (partly).  I tried on the new maternity clothes that had also been delivered that day.  Realizing I had been missing out on comfortable clothes with an expandable belly panel, I got to work on the most important task at hand: icing the cake.  I put the half knit scarf in a gift bag, still attached to a ball of yarn and delivered it to my neighbor Shelly with the promise I would finish it and deliver it soon.

Then I set to work on the boot cuffs I was knitting for my swap partner. Thanks to a two hour lacrosse try-out on Tuesday evening I was able to finish up the second one and get my package in the mail Wednesday morning and it should have been delivered on Friday.  I am such a slacker that the only pictures I have of the goodies are from my iPhone at my cube at work.  (Ignore the dead plant in the background)


I included a pair of boot cuffs, a jar of peach bbq sauce, curried tomato jam and a blank journal (she is a writer after all) with some random quotes I love sprinkled throughout.

It really was so fun to participate in this craft swap and I definitely jump at the opportunity to do it again.  It's funny, I was actually pretty intimidated when I found out my swap recipient was Mollie, the editor of Grounded.  I wrote about it in my letter to Mollie.  I stepped back and realized we are all just crafty ladies wanting to pass along our handmades and create connections.  I hope she enjoys the package!

2 comments:

  1. oh Heather, how could she NOT like it? what a lovely and thoughtful box of goodies! thank you for participating, even though it was a busy month for you. and yes, we are all just women looking for a way to connect and such. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots cuffs are so awesome! And perfect for this in-between-y time of year.

    ReplyDelete