Background

Friday, September 5, 2014

Growing

I keep trying to make time to post since there is a lot going on these days that I'd like to document but the fact is that there is a lot pulling me away from the computer right now.


The time is flying by, like I knew it would.  Mike has been back to work since we got back from the beach (more about that next week) and Garrett is back in school.  The fact that my maternity leave will be up in 4 short weeks is lingering over my head like a black cloud.  I keep trying not to think about it but the idea of dropping Declan off to go back to work gives me a giant knot in my stomach. I enjoy my job.  I'm good at it and I get a lot of satisfaction from being good at what I do.  It also provides a healthy dose of stress that keeps my Type A personality at bay.  But I know the first few weeks away from my little guy are going to be incredibly hard and stressful and I'm not looking forward to it in the least.  So for now I will try not to think about it and concentrate on making the most of the one month and one day that I have left.


I still can't really wrap by head around the fact that he is 8 weeks tomorrow.  The benefit of Garrett and Declan being so far apart is that I've seen first hand how quickly time flies by. It feels like yesterday and a lifetime ago that Garrett was a tiny baby and I'm trying to really savor each stage with Declan rather than gearing up for what comes next.


He is starting to smile back at us.  He's stingy with his smiles at this point but I think that makes them that much more special when he decides to bestow one on you.  Just this past week he started sleeping for longer stretches at night.  He usually eats sometime between 7 and 9 and has slept through to 1:30.  I really can't complain about the amount of sleep I'm getting at this point.  When he lays back down after the feeding he is doing a lot of grunting and sometimes even spitting up.  We think he has a mild case of reflux but since it doesn't seem to be really causing him pain, we'd prefer to ride it out and not give him medication at this point.  It's not an issue during the day because he is upright after his daytime feedings.  He's been a busy baby the past 8 weeks and we have a trip to Hershey Park planned for tomorrow, weather permitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment