Background

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Summer Swap

When Amanda decided to host another craft swap in July, I knew I should hold off for the next one.  I was 9 months pregnant and starting to get really tired of the whole being pregnant situation.  But I rationalized that I would be on maternity leave and have plenty of time for crafting.  Did I mention it had been 9 years since I had a newborn?  Clearly my memory had gone a little foggy on me and I wasn't factoring in how much busier my life is now than when I had Garrett.  So I signed up.

By the time the end of July was rolling around, I hadn't lifted a finger towards a project other than to pick up some yarn for a project I hadn't even decided on yet.  Mike was home so we were spending time together with the baby and I was napping whenever possible.  Then we went to the beach the first week in August and I came home to realize the deadline was Monday!  

I had been wanting to make a holder for all of the grocery store plastic bags we accumulate.  Even though we use reusable bags we still manage to end up with quite a collection and I think most people run into that problem.  So I whipped one up for my swap recipient Amanda.  I felt like a slacker by sending her the yarn I picked out rather than an actual craft but I figured since she is a knitter, she could put it to good use.  My package including a bag organizer, the yarn and some edible treats.


My package came from Marianna and included lots of goodies.  She sent some granola, vanilla sugar and some awesome energy bars.  She also sent along some note cards, a pair of booties for Declan and a neat little soccer notebook that Garrett promptly took upstairs to his desk which he's decided he will use for homework this year.  The energy bars were really a great treat.  Sometimes energy/granola bars can be too sweet but these had a really nice balance.  I even caught Mike sneaking a few on his way out the door for work in the morning because at that point I was still sleeping in whenever possible.

I really enjoyed participating again this time and hopefully I can devote a little more time if Amanda decides to host again!


No comments:

Post a Comment