Background

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day One

The past few days I've noticed I smattering of "I'm thankful for...." on facebook.  I've sworn to get this blog back up and running and figured this is a good way to do.  So for the month of November I will post a picture everyday of something I am thankful for that day.  I challenged two of my co-workers to the do the photo challenge with me so we shall see how it goes.

The first day of November was Thursday.  After Sandy hit our area, flooding our basement and knocking out our power with a full freezer full of local meet.  Our power was restored on Thursday just in time for trick or treating and my freezer was still completely frozen.  Needless to say I didn't get the homemade Lego Ninjago costume done.  It was a little ambitious for my first sewing project but we'll blame it on the storm :)  So Thursday I was thankful for trick or treating!

 
 
We have an amazing neighborhood of people and although we only have about 25 houses on the block.  Garrett is one of a small handful of children so he managed to fill his entire bucket thanks to generous handfuls from neighbors who are just glad to have trick or treaters in the neighborhood again.

No comments:

Post a Comment