Background

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 29

Today I am thankful for Friends & Farms.  This great company has put together weekly baskets of local meat, seafood, produce, dairy, eggs and bread that I pick up every Thursday.  I've been on my mission to eat locally for well over a year now.  Up until I joined Friends and Farm (over 2 months ago), it involved a lot of running all over the place to get meat and produce and my dairy and bread were still coming from the grocery store.  The people at Friends and Farm have taken a lot of the work out of it and they are beyond accomodating to work with.



This weeks basket included smoked ham, fluke, milk, drinkable yogurt, apple cider, a loaf of breakfast bread (we chose an amazing cranberry orange pecan), arugula, potatoes, pears, turnip greens, parsnips and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment