Background

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Being present is something I've always struggled with.  This is an exercise for me in taking the time to notice the things throughout the week that I am thankful for.  Not the big things like my family but the little things it's easy to miss in the hustle and bustle that is life.  Please join along if you'd like and leave a link in the comments.

I am thankful for our Lego Christmas buildings.  This week has been full of Christmas spirit with quiet evenings in front of the fire and most of that time has been spent working on our Lego Christmas pieces.  My mom had a Christmas town when I was little and every year we would pick out a new piece for her collection.  I loved unwrapping each building year after year.  Three years ago I realized that Lego was making a new piece each year to be part of a Christmas Village.  Garrett's obsession with Lego's was beginning to take off and although the price was a little more than what I wanted to commit to spending each year, I couldn't think of a better tradition to start.  

I'm happy to report that 3 years into this tradition, it is my favorite Christmas tradition next to picking out the Christmas tree.  It is my favorite early December package.


This year we've spent every night since Sunday sitting around the fire sorting pieces (apparently I made the mistake last January of taking them apart and mixing them up with the rest of our lego pieces.)  We even got some help from my sister, brother-in-law and nephew this year.  I'm happy to report that Mike is putting the finishing touches on the Toy Shop as we speak.  This year we have 3 pieces which I think qualifies us to set out our "town" on the dining room table rather then the mantle we used last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment