Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Being present is something I've always struggled with. This is an exercise for me in taking the time to notice the things throughout the week that I am thankful for. Not the big things like my family but the little things it's easy to miss in the hustle and bustle that is life. Please join along if you'd like and leave a link in the comments.

This week was an easy choice.  It has been wet around here and our backyard looks a lot like a swamp.  The majority of our little plot of earth is a hill and we have a lot of trees/shade which results in a backyard that I often refer to as "soupy". 

Since the dogs need to go out and the chickens need to be feed regardless of how muddy our backyard is, this week I'm thankful for my coop boots.  I eyed up some pretty boots last fall but couldn't bring myself to spend much money on a pair of boots that would be used for little more than wading through mud and chicken poop.  So I found this pair for $12 at our area craft store and was sold.  They're worth their weight in gold.

Special thanks to my favorite camera guy

2 comments:

  1. Nothing so useful as a good pair of "mucky boots" as I call them. I only wish they made them in "summer weight".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are pretty cheaply made so they are actually really light compared to the other boots I was looking at. Down side is that I doubt they'll last more than a couple of years.

      Delete