Background

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day Nine through Eleven

Day Nine

Saturday we spent the day at Garrett's soccer tournament.  His team struggled all season, only winning one game in spite of all the talent on the team.  Saturday morning was a single elimination tournament with Garrett's team starting at 10.  I was sure this would be a short day and the end of our season would come at 10:50 and many of the parents joked that we had 11:30 plans.  Saturday I was thankful to Garrett's team for reminding all of us adults to never count the underdog out.  Our team went on to win the first game in a shoot out in overtime and won the second game by 3 goals.  The lost the championship game by the same number of points but the boys were happy to have made it to that point and ready to go home after spending all day on the field.



Day Ten

Sunday I was thankful for the NCR being so close to us.  We have short 2 mile drive to a trail that runs 20 miles from Southern PA to Hunt Valley, MD.  Sundays in the fall always involve some sort of football on Mike's schedule so while he headed off the Ravens game early, Garrett and I took his bike and Mishka to the trail.  Garrett was able to ride almost three miles while I ran/walked behind them with Mishka to try to burn off some of her energy.

Day Eleven

Today I was thankful for my crockpot.  I had really gotten away from cooking in the two months leading up the wedding.  Most meals were eaten out and the few we did have in were made by Mike.  I knew as soon as we got back from the honeymoon that I needed to get our diets back on track by getting back by cooking good healthy foods at home.  Monday's are always tough in our house, the first day back to work and school brings little to look forward to and even less motivation to spend 45 minutes or more in the kitchen making dinner.  This particular Monday was even more busy because we know have basketball practice Monday night and I needed to be in to work early for a call with a client.  In comes the crockpot.  I try to use it once a week and it is almost always on the day we have practice.  It's so nice to come home to the smell of dinner cooking knowing we are only a few minutes away from a great meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment