Background

Friday, November 8, 2013

Day Seven

Today I am thankful for the best want-to-be bridesmaids in the world.  (*I typed most of this last night before I feel asleep... at 7:30 so this really was my day 7)

Mike and I decided early on that we wanted to keep our bridal party small. There was no doubt that my maid of honor would be my best friend Abby and my two sisters would be my bridesmaids. I am lucky enough to have remained very close with my girlfriends from high school so it came down to either 3 or 8.

I sat each of them down (with a hefty amount of guilt on my side) and explained the situation. And of course, "don't worry, we understand" was the response of everyone.


We did a lot of DIY for the wedding which meant I needed a lot of help those last few weeks. With a maid of honor in North Carolina and two bridesmaids with small children, these 3 answered the call to action without hesitation (and they brought wine). 

Staining pallets

Apparently all Garrett and I did was supervise as Tori worked on my table numbers

I attempted to help but she thought I was terrible and quickly took the project back

Kathleen mostly just watched the football.  

Spray painting picture frames

I can't thank any of them enough for all of their help with these projects.  They helped leading up to the wedding and were busy right up to the rehearsal dinner the night before.  I had an amazing time planning my wedding and while I am glad it's over, I really think my stress level was manageable the whole time in no small part because of all the help I got from these three.  And I know they were standing up next to me in every sense but the physical one when Mike and I exchanged our vows.


No comments:

Post a Comment