Background

Friday, November 15, 2013

Day Thirteen

Day Thirteen

Today I am thankful for my friends.  My friendships all seem to have evolved over the years.  Regardless of how or when I meet the friend, there always seems to be the same flow.  I make a new friend, spend tons of time together and then inevitably life gets in the way or takes us down different paths and we drift apart.  Sometime this drifting takes us so far apart it leaves one or both of us wondering if it's worth the work to re-establish the relationship.  But I am thankful that I am at a place in my life where all of my friendships have gone through this tough stage and come out stronger on the other side.  

It is a place where we can go months without seeing each other and pick up right where we left off.  It's also a place where we may manage to schedule a dinner date once a month.  It is a place where we are comfortable enough in our relationship that we can just stand back and let the natural flow of life take over. (Special shout out to Carla, so great to catch up tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment