Background

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day Twelve

Day Twelve

Today I am thankful for my husband.  Yesterday he stayed home from work because I thought school was closed for Veterans day.  He called me that morning to let me know I was in fact wrong and the bus had just passed our house.  He got Garrett ready and ran him up school without so much as a tardy slip to show my parenting fail.  

Today I was reminded that there is no one in the world I would rather walk through this parenting journey with.  He always has my back, although he doesn't hesitate to tell me when he thinks I am wrong behind closed doors.  He is always able to jump in and fill in where I fall short, especially when it comes to Garrett.  We work as a team and the house stays (somewhat) clean, dogs are taken care of and Garrett has his needs meet because of this team work.  I could truly never do it all on my own and I don't think I tell him how much I appreciate him enough.  He goes along with all of my crazy ideas and rolls with the punches with most things life has thrown our way.  I am excited to spend the rest of our life together as parents and partners, trying to navigates these waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment